Monday, March 21, 2011

Editing Sean and possible Alexandra

At the moment I am trying to edit the video I took of Sean together sequentially, something proving harder than I had anticipated. However, there is one line of continuity I can look for inbetween videos: on the day, Sean was suffering a recently swollen elbow, and was having trouble reconciling this with the relative hardness of his computer desk and the plastic arms of his chair. Because of this, during the course of the day he cycled through three different computer chairs, at first switching to a nearby chair with padded, elbow-friendly arms, and finally, finding even this too much to bear on his joints, he threw caution to the wind and comandeered an armless chair from the main administrative office. I am therefore using these separate chairs as technical signifiers for a sequential narrative of continuity - one of several narrative structures in Sean's day I have discovered retroactively. Below are screenshots of his first and second chairs, as well as his hasty acquistion of the final chair.

























On an unrelated note, I have secured another volunteer for the project - a jewellery student named Alexandra. Now, I need only negotiate a date for filming and make the necessary preparations.

No comments:

Post a Comment