Monday, May 2, 2011

The tagging system and Jo Richardson

After consultation with artist Jo Richardson during a seminar, I have begun work on a tagging system in presenting my video for my final review. This will involve isolating several clips from all the footage I have based on certain very tangible concepts - 'eating', 'washing', 'coffee', 'self-reflex' (recognition of the camera), 'abject', etc. I will then organise an installation where these keywords can be selected by the reviewers, and all the associated videos will be played immediately across a series of screens. This will, for the moment, work in conjunction with a playing sample of the finished documentary (if it is finished). Also, I would like to setup one computer so that the reviewers can peruse a time-signified collection of all the footage I have taken, functioning both as documentation and an artwork in and of itself. The challenges facing me are:
  • Learning the software which will allow this (I'll ask Kev about software I've used for similar projects involving much more interactive video before and if it's appropriate).
  • Defining a series of appropriate tags and isolating individual video clips appropriate to them.
  • Determining how much computer monitors the installation will necessitate, how the computer or computers will communicate the videos to them and how this will figure in the total number of clips (perhaps a monitor per subject).
Jo also suggested that the footage I've taken of Sean should be enough, if need be, to flesh out a finished body of work for the review, which is somewhat reassuring. The possibility of accompanying stills was also raised, and I have a few in mind which are deserving of printing.

No comments:

Post a Comment